ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Queuing videos for stabilization?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Majdi Haj AliQueuing videos for stabilization?
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 4:05:36 am

Hi there! First post!

Do any of you know if I can possibly queue multiple videos for stabilization using the Warp Stabilizer? The thing is I'm working on huge video files in a single project and each take about 2-3 hours of stabilization after I click "Analyze", and the thing is, I tried stabilizing 2 or more videos at a time but my whole PC would just crash.

I left it overnight the first time with 6 videos to stabilize and it crashed within a couple of hours I would assume because when I woke up only 1 video was fully stabilized, the next night I tried only 2 videos and it also crashed. So now I can see that even though AE stabilizes as a "background" application, it still takes 50% of my CPU power for each video being stabilized, so even 2 videos would cause problems. RAM isn't a problem, I have plenty.

So my question is, the only solution I could find is just letting them stabilize one by one, but I was wondering if there was a way to just let them queue one after another using the default stabilizer settings. Any custom AE settings, scripts, or plugins would be nice if I could achieve that.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Queuing videos for stabilization?
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:15:52 pm

No, you cannot queue Warp Stabilizer jobs in sequence. The only option is to initiate several jobs at the same time and process in parallel.

Out of curiosity, are you trying to use one stabilizer across multiple shots? It seems odd that Warp Stabilizer is taking so long, unless you have continuous shots that go for several minutes, or very slow hardware.

Return to posts index

Majdi Haj AliRe: Queuing videos for stabilization?
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:24:12 pm

I simply have 7 different videos, each about 10 minutes long in 30FPS and each has their own comp to render separately, I have no effects or nothing on them other than the Warp Stabilizer. I think what the problem was is that I was giving all my CPU cores (4) to render multiple frames simultaneously, I just decreased that number to 2 and I saw a huge difference in performance while multitasking and stabilizing in the background. So basically the tip is do not enable that feature to use all your cores because eventually AE or the PC will crash, after all the Windows itself is a container for running AE so it's just as important.

Anyway they're all done stabilizing, I think if I'm going to attempt to stabilize multiple videos at once I'm going to make sure I don't have that feature using all my resources for background processing.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Queuing videos for stabilization?
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 5:54:02 pm

Good to hear it's working better.

When you say each video is 10 minutes, is a video a single camera shot or a multi-clip composition? I ask because Warp Stabilizer works best when applied to an individual camera shot. Spanning the stabilizer across more than one shot produces sub-optimal results.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 21, 2013 at 6:30:04 am

Nope, it's 1 shot per video.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Queuing videos for stabilization?
by on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:08:35 am

Not that this helps you now, but we've made very large improvements in the parallel processing of the Warp Stabilizer in the version of After Effects that we're working on now. If all goes according to plan, we'll release an update next month that will make this much better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on Aug 25, 2013 at 1:13:50 am

Great! I was kind of hoping to get some insight on what's coming in Encoder too because I'm using that extensively now instead of the AE renderer. Any word on separate video and audio immersion? I hate re-rendering things all over again to do that simple task.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]