ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE to Avid MC - Aliasing and ugly pixels

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leigh O'NeillAE to Avid MC - Aliasing and ugly pixels
by on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:26:38 pm

Hey guys,
Not sure if this post should be in the Avid or AE forums as I'm not sure what part of my workflow is causing me grief, but here goes...

I've designed a logo in photoshop, then animated the layers in AE. I've rendered out my comp in AE and everything looks dandy in Quicktime and VLC, but when I import into my Avid project, I'm getting aliasing issues and just general over all uglyness.
I've tried Tiff sequence, DNxHD and Animation QTs, all give the same result. I'm not exporting with an alpha channel.
I'm not using any color management in AE, all other project and comp settings match my MC project.
I've tried capturing as 709 (my workspace in my project) and RGB, and tried with all combos of import settings. I'm working mostly with DNxHD36 material in Avid, but I've tried capturing in DNxHD 175 and ProRes HQ.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Here's a grab of my comp in Quicktime:

Here's a grab of my viewer in MC after import:

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: AE to Avid MC - Aliasing and ugly pixels
by on Aug 17, 2013 at 8:28:13 pm

Is your avidproject interlaced or progressive?
Do you have the timelinequality at maximum (green/green icon at the bottom of your timeline)?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: AE to Avid MC - Aliasing and ugly pixels
by on Aug 18, 2013 at 3:12:47 pm

What kind of project format you selected in Avid?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Leigh O'NeillRe: AE to Avid MC - Aliasing and ugly pixels
by on Aug 19, 2013 at 6:55:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, got it sorted out. Was a combination of some export settings in AE and... the viewer displaying at half-mast in MC... I haven't used Avid in quite a while, quite embarrassing.
Appreciate the replies!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved