ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha to AE problem!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Di Berardino
Mocha to AE problem!
on Aug 16, 2013 at 3:50:50 pm

Hi guys, i am using mocha for a rotoscope technics on a footage. I just finished all the frame and when i am going to paste the mocha shape in after effects, i have problem with in & out shape setting.
4 masks in the footage have in & out point, when i paste that mask in after effects is like if the software does not read in & out point, so i have the mask in all the footage duration. I checked 2 times and all the in & out points are ok in mocha. What i am doing wrong?

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Mocha to AE problem!
on Aug 16, 2013 at 4:58:17 pm

When pasting mocha Shapes in AE, YOU ALWAYS paste them when the CTI is on the first frame of the comp in AE. This is the case regardless if the layer in mocha have different in-out points if you had set these differently from the source clip, in mocha.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Andrea Di Berardino
on Aug 16, 2013 at 5:23:48 pm

Hi Roland,
thank you for reply. I set the CTI at the first frame but nothing happen. The masks with in&out point still there for all the duration of the clip. The only way i find right now is to apply the masks (with in & out point) on a new layer in AE and cut the clip in the same in&out mask point. There is no way to apply all the masks (even with in&out point) all in one layer in after effects and have the same result like in mocha?

Thank you.

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:54:19 pm

When you apply the mocha Shape are you selecting a layer in AE and then (1) pasting via CTRL+V or (2) selecting Paste mocha Mask from the Edit menu?

I suggest that you go the (1) route. When you export shapes in mocha, you will have options on which shapes to export. If you choose ALL or Selected, these will be pasted onto a single layer in AE.

If things still aren't working as expected then take a snapshot of (1) your mocha layer stack (2) AE Timeline - ensure that you clearly show what you've pasted from mocha and (3) Comp Panel.

Cheers
RoRK

Return to posts index

Andrea Di Berardino
on Aug 17, 2013 at 2:28:31 am

Hi Roland,
i just took a screen shoot:

1. I track a simple shape in mocha with in&out points

2. I copied all masks

3. I selected the layer in AE from the beginnig and used the cmd "Paste mocha shape"

Result: The mask is there after the out point

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 17, 2013 at 3:52:18 am

Hi Andrea, the in/out points in mocha should be created in the Layer Properties panel and NOT directly in mocha's Timeline, which creates in/out for the clip but NOT the shape.

Secondly, the mocha Shape keyfames (KFs)in AE look like they've been deleted. Did you delete the KFs. If you did, pay attention the mocha Shape's Opacity property which is the property that is used to switch off the shape (or to create an out point in your case), to conform the the in/out that you specified in mocha's Layer Properties Panel.

Do not confuse between an AE layer's Transform>Opacity property and the Opacity property found in the mocha Shape effect.

If the mocha Shape Opacity property does not have a keyframe with a value of 0, you can manually create it yourself. Simply set the KF value to 0 at the point where you want your out point. Then select all the subsequent keyframes for the Opacity property and delete those keyframes.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

Andrea Di Berardino
on Aug 20, 2013 at 6:09:40 pm

Hi Roland, for the in&out point i use this panel on mocha

a href='http://images.creativecow.net/228706/panel.png'>

In AE i did not deleted any KFs and about the picture that you saw, all the KFs are mask path, i did not touch anything about opacity.
So if i understand correctly when i import mocha shape in AE with in&out point setup in mocha, in AE i have to setup again in&out by mask opacity?

Thank you.

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

zeeshan aayan
on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:46:43 pm

This is very brilliant post in my all software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]