ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Something is Wrong with AE CS6....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew HeadSomething is Wrong with AE CS6....
by on Aug 14, 2013 at 1:50:05 pm

So, when I got AE CS6 everything worked perfectly fine. I had to put it down for about two or three months when I had my appendix removed. :( I decided to pick it up again and now something doesn't seem right. Whenever I load a video into a new composition the video will not render at all! I can't even play it with preview or RAM preview. When I click any of the preview buttons, I get the "Not real time" fps rate in red thing. This never happened before! I reviewed my system specs and made sure that everything was up to par, and everything checked out. I don't know what is going on! Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Something is Wrong with AE CS6....
by on Aug 14, 2013 at 4:31:41 pm

My first question would be totally unrelated to AE. During the two months you weren't on your computer, was someone else using it? The first thing I would do is a virus scan, maybe a registry clean (Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is great - I've used it for years), and maybe a defrag. Another thought is possibly a bad memory stick, or a hard drive problem. You don't say whether you're on a Mac or PC, so I can't get more specific than that. It just doesn't seem likely that something in AE would break while you weren't using it.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved