ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ariadna Cabrera YanezAE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:58:52 pm

Hello guys.

Since I moved to CS6 my render times have increased A LOT!

I'm rendering a FULL HD compo with Color balance, Neat video pluging, Color key and a mask.

At beggining of the render is ok, renders 1:15 minutes of video in 30 minutes and it's stimated time is about 5 hours, but then it keeps going slower and what's supposed to be done in 6 hours it renders in 24 hours (which is insane)

My specs are:

Dell XPS 15
Intel Core i7-2670 QM 2.20 GHz
8GB,DDR3,2 DIMM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB
Windows 7 64 bits
Two (2)500GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive

I'm using CS6 with the latest update (11.0.2.12)

I've tried with MP on and sometimes it's faster and sometimes it's slower.

Thank you for your help, I apologize if I'm missing any spec.

Return to posts index

Gib O'ConnorRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:51:29 pm

I use the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3GB.+GPU Render one hour clip in +-10 min'
Price before: $899
Now: $349 go figure ;)
Still, worth the price for the renderspeed

Gib :)

Return to posts index

Ariadna Cabrera YanezRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 13, 2013 at 10:20:40 pm

Hi Gib, thanks for answering.

I know that improving RAM and video card will obviously speed up render, but I won't be able to do it right now and I'd like to know how to speed up with my current spec.

I guess there is a way since it makes no sense for me that CS6 renders are slower than CS5.5 (in this same notebook)

I've got to be doing something wrong.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Sam FreemanRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18:39 am

Couple of questions/pointers...

1) Are you using the classic renderer or the new Ray-tracer? A new video card will only help with speeding up ray-trace renders. Classic renders don't tend to use the video card.

2) You don't really have enough Ram for multiprocessing.

3) How much Ram do you have allocated to After Effects and how much to other processes?

4) Sounds like things are getting stuffed up as the render goes on. Have you tried going into the 'secret' preferences and setting the program to purge old frames? That might force it through and improve things.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Ariadna Cabrera YanezRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 14, 2013 at 3:49:28 pm

Hello Sam!

1) Classic render
2) I thought so
3) 5,9G to AE and 2G for other aplications
4) I've heard that purging in the Secret panel makes renders go slower (?) I guess that with the right amount it will improve. Purge it evry what? 2 frames?

Thank you very much for your time

Return to posts index

Gib O'ConnorRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 14, 2013 at 12:58:34 pm

Hi again :)
Iam afraid i can not help you there (speed up pc) or CS6.
But i make sure that i always empty my (CS6) cache before i start another comp or render. That sure helps.
I use OS W7 and all i have installed on my pc is just that and AE-CS6.
Nothing else and that helps alot to. Everything else like plugin instalation folders i keep on an extern HD which i only connect when needed. Internet browsing, FB etc.. i do that on a different computer to keep the one i work on with AE as clean as possible. But yes you are right, CS5 was faster dunno why that is.

Gib :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE CS6 slower than CS5.5: 24 hours of render when it's suppossed to be 6
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:11:32 am

See this page for resources about making After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]