ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC glass HD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stig olsen
CC glass HD
on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:03:15 pm

Hi,

Im on CS5 and the CC glass effect cant use AE lights, because it required ccfx HD.
I guess this is available on the latest version of AE but there is no option for me to sign up for the cloud system.

Any options?

stig

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: CC glass HD
on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:12:58 pm

[stig olsen] "Im on CS5 and the CC glass effect cant use AE lights, because it required ccfx HD. I guess this is available on the latest version of AE but there is no option for me to sign up for the cloud system."

You could update to Ae CS6, which also includes CycoreFX HD. CS6 is still available for sale directly from Adobe.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Aug 13, 2013 at 1:50:00 pm

Hi,

I found it after looking over the website about an hour and watching a youtube tutorial. The bastard have done anything to hide it from their website.

I have production premium 5.0 and only want to upgrade after effects to cs 6. Is that possible?

Stig

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:26:54 pm

[stig olsen] "I have production premium 5.0 and only want to upgrade after effects to cs 6. Is that possible?"

I would think so -- I think that should count as After Effects CS5 -- but I don't know for sure.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Aug 13, 2013 at 2:58:30 pm

> The bastard have done anything to hide it from their website.

Please keep in mind that "the bastards" that you refer to include people who spend a lot of their time helping out here on the COW.

It doesn't seem hidden to me. I did a Google search for 'buy adobe cs6', and this is the first page that came up:
"Creative Suite 6 products"

Also, the second link from the header of any page on the Adobe website under "Products" is for CS6 and leads to this page.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Aug 13, 2013 at 3:38:28 pm

Hi Todd,

The people who spend a lot of their time helping out here on the COW get their paycheck from the bastards I refer to.

I understand that you feel for throwing the words right back at me, but the forums are full of people that dont know the answer to my question.
Many of the links on Adobe.com is redirecting you to a cloud product site, many of the old links are dead, and the upgrade tab is hidden behind the buy tag.
And WHEN you spend a lot of money for your after effects upgrade, the serial number is not valid because you are not allowed to upgrade a single software from the package to a higher number. You need to upgrade the whole package. Is that consumer friendly? No, its not. If they not provide friendly solutions, then they are bastards.

Stig

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:52:01 pm

Stig, I take no issue with your rant and unhappiness. I however believe that your choice of word is a poor one. I'm sure you could have made your point without putting yourself in a bad light. Let's try to keep things civil/polite, even in our rants.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Aug 13, 2013 at 6:14:50 pm

I completely agree, and it was not my intention making anything big out of the bastard thing. Its just comic that people are jumping out of their chair if they see a word thats not written in the bible.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 14, 2013 at 12:57:42 am

I hate to throw water on your rant, Stig, but the word "bastard" appears in the Bible a number of times. Maybe you should read before you write...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:31:09 am

Joseph,

Good to know that you really are into the Bible.
what I wrote was not meant literally. The same goes for the Bible you should know.

Stig

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 14, 2013 at 4:33:23 pm

I'm not the least bit into the Bible - I just like to keep the facts straight...if you're going to insult people, at least insult them with a bit of intelligence.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:33:56 am

Joseph,

If you were a little socially intelligent, you would understand that not everything is as litterally meant as your after effects expressions.

Of course I realize that there is a possibility that the word is used in the Bible, but that means nothing as it made my point.

What really is not intelligent is to interfere in conversations like you do, just to make drama instead of helping out.

Stig

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Aug 16, 2013 at 12:50:36 am

Ah...so helping out, from your point of view, is calling the people who make the software bastards. I choose to ignore your form of "social intelligence". I've been helping people out on the forums here since 2002. Trolls are generally viewed with a skeptical eye here.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]