ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Nothing exports - Element 3D in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon MellettNothing exports - Element 3D in After Effects
by on Aug 13, 2013 at 9:45:32 am

Hello everybody,

Been using the Element 3D plug in for AE, but once I've worked my 3D model in AE and I export nothing seems to appear in the exported file?

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and/or if it's a technical issue?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Nothing exports - Element 3D in After Effects
by on Aug 13, 2013 at 12:20:01 pm

You need to provide a bit more information.

Can you see the model in the comp before you render? If so, have you accidentally made the Element layer a guide layer [link]?

If not, have you positioned the scene's camera in such a way that the model is not seen by the camera?

Some screenshots may help.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ramon MellettRe: Nothing exports - Element 3D in After Effects
by on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:57:20 am

Hi Walter,

Apologies for being a bit vague. I can see everything in the comp before rendering, and I also haven't made the layer a guide layer.

I've ram previewed the entire animation of the model and everything seems perfect before exporting. Although I have noticed that nothing appears in my comp when playing back at full quality, I can only see my model once going down to half the resolution or lower. Is this perhaps an issue with the power of the computer system I'm working on?

I've attached an image of my work area and my macs specs.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Nothing exports - Element 3D in After Effects
by on Aug 16, 2013 at 2:41:13 pm

[Ramon Mellett] "I've ram previewed the entire animation of the model and everything seems perfect before exporting. Although I have noticed that nothing appears in my comp when playing back at full quality, I can only see my model once going down to half the resolution or lower. Is this perhaps an issue with the power of the computer system I'm working on? "

Element 3D processes entirely on the graphics card. It may be that your graphics card doesn't have enough VRAM.

Can you tell me what the specs of your graphics card are? Click the "More Info" button in About this Mac and look under Graphics.

Also, when you upload an image to the COW, it is not automatically inserted into your post. You have to copy and paste either the EMBED or the LINK code from the upload window after you finish the upload to the body of your message.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]