ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"NTSC" Animations/transitions from presets don't work with HD video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pawl fisher"NTSC" Animations/transitions from presets don't work with HD video
by on Aug 10, 2013 at 6:20:40 pm

Hello,
this has been driving me crazy.

the Bandwipe transition in AE is cool, when I apply it to my layer (1920x1080) it shrinks the layer to a small (NTSC) size box. Is there a way to do this transition in HD? ?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: "NTSC" Animations/transitions from presets don't work with HD video
by on Aug 10, 2013 at 9:21:24 pm

Sure, the easiest way would be to make a pre-comp at 1920x1080 and apply the band wipe preset to a solid and then scale the solid so the masks fit the frame. Since it's a wider aspect than NTSC SD you'll need to scale the width more than the height to fit correctly. Then turn on the continuous rasterization switch to keep it sharp.

Now you can use this pre-comp as an alpha matte for the layers you want to wipe on/off. It's a little more clutter in the timeline but it's actually more versatile because you can apply Flip or Flop to change the direction of the wipe.

The other option would be to apply the band wipe preset to a 1920x1080 layer and then manually resize and re-keyframe the masks. Just go past the last mask keyframe in the timeline then delete all of the keyframes, select all of the masks on the layer and hit Ctrl/Cmd + T to transform the masks to fit the frame (hold Ctrl/Cmd or Ctrl/Cmd + Shift to scale uniformly in one or both directions). Set a keyframe for the Mask Paths filling the frame and then move earlier in time, transform the masks again and drag the right side all the way over to the left so they are all out of frame on the left side. Then stagger the keyframes like they were in the original preset. Once you're done you can select all of the masks and drag them to the Effects & Presets palette to make an animation preset.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

pawl fisherRe: "NTSC" Animations/transitions from presets don't work with HD video
by on Aug 10, 2013 at 10:50:55 pm

wow first method works great just resizing and altering the solid. thanks!!

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: "NTSC" Animations/transitions from presets don't work with HD video
by on Aug 11, 2013 at 12:29:31 am

Sure, glad it's working for you. BTW, I have a free dissolve transition pack on my site that you might like as well.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]