ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects CC - Exporting Still Frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott SmithAfter effects CC - Exporting Still Frames
by on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:32:48 am

I have recently upgraded to CC. I am trying to export still frames as a jpg from After Effects CC

CS 5.5 (and previous versions) allowed me to use the shortcut ctrl+alt+s to add the current frame to the render queue as a still frame. I would then change the format via the output module.

The same shortcut in CC opens a dialogue box with psd as the only available output format. Composition> Save Frame As > File... also results in psd format with no other options.

Is there a simillar simple process for exporting a still frame jpg via the render queue?

Thanks in adavance

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After effects CC - Exporting Still Frames
by on Aug 7, 2013 at 2:01:54 pm

I've seen this once, too, but I can't reproduce it.

Hit Ctrl+Alt+S, choose your folder, and click ok. You should now have a still in the render queue (which you can unqueue or delete entirely). The next time you hit Ctrl+Alt+S, it will hopefully do what you expect and simply add a still to the render queue.

If you're doing a lot of these, you can change your default still output format. Click the triangle next to the default Photoshop output module and choose "Make template." The top half the window allows you to pick a new format for each type of output; the bottom half allows you to define new output modules.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: After effects CC - Exporting Still Frames
by on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:47:35 am

For this to work you have to first make a template of the output settings that you wish to save the single frame in .. For eg. in your case a jpeg .. Than you have to have that selected as the default output module for the Frame default ..

Here have a look ..

After doing this everytime you save a still it will save in that output module ..

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved