ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

ae cs6 textbox size adjustments

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauryn Lukin
ae cs6 textbox size adjustments
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:38:32 pm

I am trying to change the size of a paragraph 3d textbox without changing the font size or spacing. Anytime I hold alt and drag the box size inward, the font shrinks. Anyway to adjust text box size without font size changing? Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: ae cs6 textbox size adjustments
on Aug 6, 2013 at 8:49:53 pm

[Lauryn Lukin] "I am trying to change the size of a paragraph 3d textbox without changing the font size or spacing. Anytime I hold alt and drag the box size inward, the font shrinks. Anyway to adjust text box size without font size changing? "

You are not actually changing the paragraph box -- you're scaling the layer itself with its layer handles.

Layer handles are eight points with solid squares indicating the layer bounds. Paragraph text handles are eight points with outlined squares, and a rectangular outline running through these points.

To make sure you're grabbing a paragraph handle, select the text tool (Cmd-T on Mac, Ctrl-T on Windows), then click the text layer.

If your text was point type, you will not have paragraph handles to manipulate. Select the text tool, right click the text, and choose Convert to Paragraph Text.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Bobby Salmon
Re: ae cs6 textbox size adjustments
on Oct 21, 2016 at 11:41:30 pm

Thank you! This was driving me crazy. ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>