ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

invalid image buffer size

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Gruszczynskiinvalid image buffer size
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:54:38 pm

Hi,
I am new to After Effects and I have a master comp on a timeline with many comps inside it. I have a couple of effects on this master comp. I recently started getting an error message when rendering it out. "Invalid image buffer size." What little I could find on the web about it indicates I have an huge image file in my comp or maybe some footage that AE is interpreting as a huge image file. I looked through my comp, and while I do have a large file that i am using as a background image with some camera moves, that doesn't seem to be the problem. It chokes at the same place each time, right before the first effect. In this case, when I disable the Stretch Master Control effect, the comp renders just fine. Is there a reason this one effect seems to be confusing AE into thinking I have a 38000 pixel image in there?
What can I do about it?
Thanks,

Laura

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: invalid image buffer size
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:36:47 pm

[Laura Gruszczynski] " I recently started getting an error message when rendering it out. "Invalid image buffer size...." In this case, when I disable the Stretch Master Control effect, the comp renders just fine. Is there a reason this one effect seems to be confusing AE into thinking I have a 38000 pixel image in there? What can I do about it?"

I'm not familiar with the effect you're referring to, but if it serves to scale up a layer, then it's entirely possible that you are ending up with an image that's 38,000 pixels wide.

If you are starting with a 1920x1080 image, and you scale that up to 1000% (or 10x), then Ae needs a 19,200 x 10,800 image buffer to store the intermediate layer for compositing.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish in this comp? Maybe we can suggest another way.

Also, what version of Ae are you running? How much RAM does your computer have, and what are your memory and multiprocessing settings in Ae?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Laura GruszczynskiRe: invalid image buffer size
by on Aug 7, 2013 at 12:31:37 pm

Hi Walter,
I am using a Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon with 8GB memory. AE CS6
What I am trying to do tell the story of our company's history over time. I was given graphics created for print, so I have this timeline that kind of looks like a winding road I am moving the camera around to tell the story. The effect I am using is just the stretch and slide transition preset in the transitions/movements folder layered with light rays to give the appearance of speed over time, because the timeline isn't big enough to have speedy camera moves.
I was thinking of exporting the final piece and then importing it back in . Maybe that would work better than having AE try to render that effects on a comp with several comps imbedded in it?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Laura

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]