ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to transition Lights into a scene (scene is too dark to begin with)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean SawyerHow to transition Lights into a scene (scene is too dark to begin with)
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:46:20 am

Hi I've run into an issue where I have created a specific scene with a light emitter (trapcode particular) flying around the comp in 3d Space.

Currently the scene is too dark to begin with as all the light in the scene is emitting from this one point of light (which is perfect) however I want to transition to this effect not have a dark scene to begin with. I assumed I could just take the intensity of the light from 0-100 to 'fade it in' Ideally I'd just add an ambient light to fill in the rest of the scene, but this is a scene from a sequence of scenes so needs to match the light from previous comps. (ie this is scene 5/8 and scene 4 doesn't have any lights in it)

To summarise;
I have a previous comp/scene that has no lights in it which needs to match up with the beginning of another comp/scene that DOES have lights in it. How?!

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: How to transition Lights into a scene (scene is too dark to begin with)
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:45:38 am

Pres AA quickly while having ur 3D layers you want uneffected by light selected. It will bring up lighting options. Choose "off" for accept lights, cast shadows, and receive shadows.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Dean SawyerRe: How to transition Lights into a scene (scene is too dark to begin with)
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:15:15 am

Thanks but that doesn't solve the issue, it almost does, if I could animate whether or not they affect the layers, that would be perfect. I need to fade in these layers that will be affected by the light. Not have them on or off.

As a workaround I have pre-comped the whole scene with the lights off and then I'm fading in that comp/scene into the original comp with the lights on. This will allow me to have a scene that is lit without lights into a scene that is lit with lights.

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: How to transition Lights into a scene (scene is too dark to begin with)
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:29:30 am

Thats not a workaround. Thats how you do it. I didnt think u needed someone to tell u every single step. But my solution did work in fact.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]