ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio Spectrum General Assistance

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heimer
Audio Spectrum General Assistance
on Aug 6, 2013 at 12:14:48 am

I've been struggling with this for ages. I've been trying to get my Audio Spectrum to look rectangular rather than round. How would I do this?

What I want it to look like:

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd Stopa
Re: Audio Spectrum General Assistance
on Aug 6, 2013 at 3:59:38 am

so you want monstercats new layout huh? haha

I just did this yesterday

you use minimax effect on the layer generating the spectrum, adjusting both the thickness of the bars as well as the minimax adjustments and you can get exactly what monstercat has on their new layout, took me forever to figure that out so im just paying it foreward.

-Auto

Return to posts index

John Heimer
on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:10:18 am

Not quite trying to copy their layout. Mine's different. And, this post didn't help! :(

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:37:20 pm

Minimax can help, just as Todd suggested. Apply your Audio Spectrum effect, then apply Minimax. Set the operation to "Minimum then Maximum," leave the channel on Color, and play with the radius. You may need an Unmult effect [link] (free from Red Giant Software) to knock out black.

Otherwise, you can roll your own Audio Spectrum effect by making some shapes and tying their vertical scale properties to Trapcode SoundKeys [link] via expressions.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John Heimer
on Aug 8, 2013 at 5:14:43 pm

Well, that didn't work. Sucks! Still need a solution if someone has an alternative.

Return to posts index

Todd Stopa
on Aug 23, 2013 at 5:27:26 am

Minimax really is the answer.

I have personally done this. You need to play with the settings to get it to look right as well as the number of bars in the audio spectrum.

I would give you the project file but as it was just for practice I deleted it on exit.

I always try to duplicate the vizs that I honor and monstercat was no exception :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]