ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Composition settings for TV broadcast?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erin HerbstComposition settings for TV broadcast?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 8:53:26 pm

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to AE (it was a present a couple months back for my 17th birthday, pretty much all self taught.) I have a client out in California that I'm doing a series of promotional-style animation videos for. One of them he wants to use for TV broadcast, however I designed it in AE using the HDTV 1080 with a 29.97 frame rate. But since he wants to use it for TV does this mean I need to go back and completely redesign it in NTSC DV?
I know formats vary depending on the station and TV, and when I asked him what the broadcasting company wanted he said that he will have to convert the file into a DAT tape that they station can do for him...but isn't DAT just for audio?
So what composition settings, frame rate, export mode, etc. do I need to use for this commercial?
Any advice you can provide this novice is much appreciated :D
Thank you, Erin

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Composition settings for TV broadcast?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:04:34 pm

Those specs have to come from the station. See if you can find out from the client what the call letters are, then check on their website (they usually post a PDF with specs) or call their Production Manager. You could waste a lot of time creating the wrong format otherwise.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved