ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Position not following the position keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon SuleskyPosition not following the position keyframes
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:03:45 pm

Hey, sorry to bother you. I'm running after effect cs4 and photoshop cs6 on a 32 bit computer. I have been working on an intro for my youtube gaming channel for the past couple days. I'm going for a motion graphics intro, so I made all the layers in photoshop cs6 and then imported the PSD file into after effects. I then proceeded to moving the layers positions in the ways I wanted them by adding keyframes, and after a bit I noticed that one of the layers would follow the keyframes 1-2 perfectly but when it got to keyframes 2-3 then it would start by going in the total opposite direction then continue to keyframe 3. I guess I should say that keyframe 3 was in the opposite direction of 1-2 so maybe there was a glitch saying to continue in the first direction, cause there are no keyframes stating that it should do that. If anyone knows what to do then please help.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Position not following the position keyframes
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 4:39:11 pm

It's because of the use of Bezier keyframes. If you turn on the motion paths, you will see the over shoot. If you select all your keyframes, right click on them and change the spatial interpolation to linear you, it will correct the problem.

Check out these tutorial for a lot more information: AE Keyframe Boomerang Effect,

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Brendon SuleskyRe: Position not following the position keyframes
by on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:55:58 pm

Thank you! that worked! Sorry for the late response, I have been busy with chores.

Return to posts index

Emmanuel JimenezRe: Position not following the position keyframes
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:26:03 pm

It's your keyframe interpolation. Select the keyframes you have that are giving you trouble, right click and go to Keyframe interpolation, click linear.

Should solve your issue. Let me know if it works!

I rock.

Return to posts index

Brendon SuleskyRe: Position not following the position keyframes
by on Aug 8, 2013 at 3:57:47 pm

Yes, thank you that fixed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]