ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Highest Quality Audio?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg howellHighest Quality Audio?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:02:27 pm

Hi,

two questions..

1. I know vimeo only operates at only 8bpc. Is this the same for audio too? i know i should set to 48.000 khz, but should it be at 8, 16 or 32 bit? (will it just be converted to 8 bit anyway?)

and..

2. Whats the differnce between AAC + 2, compared to AAC? does '+ 2' mean higher qulaity, like the multipass setting for video in AME?

thanks,

Greg

Return to posts index

greg howellRe: Highest Quality Audio?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 2:17:32 pm

to clarify, i intend to put this on Vimeo..

Return to posts index

Brendon SuleskyRe: Highest Quality Audio?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 3:17:14 pm

I don't know if it's supposed to perform higher quality but I've seen multiple tutorials saying to NOT USE AAC+2. Just use AAC cause I've had great results with it. I would say to put the quality to 48.000 khz 8 bit cause once again I've had no problems with it. Here's a video I did with 48.000 khz 8-bit(If you don't like the sound quality then you can try 16 or 32 bit.):

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Highest Quality Audio?
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 5:31:14 pm

Real simple answer. Always make your masters in high quality. There is no reason in this world to render out something with less than 48k 16bit audio in a master. Any compression that follows is a different story. But just because it will end up 8 bit once compressed, why start degrading your audio before compression degrades it again.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Highest Quality Audio?
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:01:22 am

High quality as Matthew recommends.

The difference in bitdepth for audio controls a few things: dynamic range and, in turn, noise floor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_bit_depth

I recommend not going any lower than 16-bits. 16-bit/48kHz seems to be the standard for video-based audio and you'll end up compromising the quality of high dynamic range material with 8-bits; with music music 8-bits isn't terribly noticeable because it's mixed to remain fairly loud.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]