ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Something odd is happening to something simlpe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ NolanSomething odd is happening to something simlpe
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 9:43:59 pm

Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem, I am trying to do a simple moving logo. There are 4 sections 2 fly in from the left and 2 from the right at speed they get slow at the centre and then fly out again.

The problem is when they get to the centre they go back and forth and then fly out. The comp is only 8 secs long, so i used 1 sec to fly in 6 in the centre and then 1 sec out. For theat 6 secs it doesn't just move slowly it bounces back and forth a couple os time. I have only put 4 key frames in.

Why is it doing that?? Help? This was just meant to be something simple and quick!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Something odd is happening to something simlpe
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 1:04:46 am

It's because of the use of Bezier keyframes. If you turn on the motion paths, you will see the over shoot. If you select all your keyframes, right click on them and change the spatial interpolation to linear you, it will correct the problem.

Check out these tutorial for a lot more information: AE Keyframe Boomerang Effect,

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Russ NolanRe: Something odd is happening to something simlpe
by on Aug 2, 2013 at 9:37:35 pm

Thank you for replying

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]