ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a clock, nesting layers trouble

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JanssenCreating a clock, nesting layers trouble
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 2:52:35 am

I'm pretty new to AE and I'm kind of teaching myself as I go. I'm trying to create a countdown clock for a video project. I've created a separate 1 sec composition for each number and would like to nest all the individual compositions into another comp. However, is there a way to add all the individual comps to the new comp so that they are not all stacked on top of each other - making me physically go in and move each 1 sec comp over 1 second?

Probably a really stupid question with what I hope is a simple answer. It's kind of a long countdown.

thanks!

PJ

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Creating a clock, nesting layers trouble
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 3:41:32 am

Add all the layers to the comp, and move 1 second into the comp. Select all the layer(cntl+A) and then trim the end points of the layers (alt + ]). Now go to Menu Bar > Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers, make sure that overlap is turned off.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Creating a clock, nesting layers trouble
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 7:00:33 am

Why not use the Numbers plugin or even better, this script:

http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10946

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Paul JanssenRe: Creating a clock, nesting layers trouble
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 1:50:31 pm

Oh man, thank you so much!!! I knew there had to be an easier way. You've just saved me hours of work!!!

You're awesome!

PJ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]