ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben WoodyBringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?
by on Jul 29, 2013 at 4:41:03 pm

We have a collection of rotoscope work that has been done by contractors and given to us as After Effects files. The masks were created in Mocha and then brought into AE. These masks need to be changed and corrected, but the contractor no longer has the original Mocha files. We are stuck with only the After Effects file. I know it is most likely possible to edit these masks in After Effects, but since they are very detailed it would be much easier to edit them in Mocha. Is there any possible way to bring my shape data in AE back into a new Mocha project?

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: Bringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?
by on Jul 29, 2013 at 9:35:27 pm

I would ask them for their Mocha files.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Bringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?
by on Jul 30, 2013 at 1:05:59 am

Unfortunately you can only send information one way, between mocha and AE. Looks like you will have to look at touching up the masks in AE.

HTH

RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

Ben WoodyRe: Bringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?
by on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:39:34 pm

Actually, I did find a way. I found the Mochaimport+ plugin that allows you to send shape data back into Mocha. By selecting all of my masks and choosing the "track in Mocha" button that Mochaimport+ has to offer, all of my masks ended up in Mocha with keyframes and all. The only thing that did not transfer was the titles of my layers, which is no big deal.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Bringing masks from AE back into Mocha for further editing. Is this reverse process possible?
by on Aug 3, 2013 at 4:16:27 am

DANG!!! You're right! I do recall seeing Mathias (mochaImport + developer) showing such a workflow in one of his recent tutorials.

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]