ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing onto green screen, advice please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Tyrrell
Compositing onto green screen, advice please
on Jul 28, 2013 at 11:40:16 pm

Hi Guys,

Wondering if I could get some advice. Basically I want to add footage on to the TV in the green screen shot and then ZOOM into the tv to display that footage full resolution.

I'm struggling to firstly match the footage exactly up onto the TV due to its angle and secondly to get the camera to zoom in to show it full resolution..

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Compositing onto green screen, advice please
on Jul 29, 2013 at 12:16:58 am

Mocha will handle this chore very nicely. Check it out: it comes with AE.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Luke Tyrrell
on Jul 29, 2013 at 10:14:13 am

Thanks i'll give that a go!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jul 29, 2013 at 11:54:56 am

Is your Zoom done in production (real camera zoom) or are you planning to do it in post?
If it's a real camera zoom then Dave's suggestion is the way to go.
For a post production zoom you can work your way backwards- figure out how long you need the zoom to be (the longer it is the more you will notice degradation in the green screen plate). Go at the end of the zoom on the time line and scale up the image with the tv to fill the screen ( the whole tv screen, edges and all) and set keyframes. Use Corner Pin (under Distort) to match the screen with the video you want inserted and set keyframes. Parent the video layer to the green screen plate, go to the beginning of the timeline and scale that one back to 100%. Go back to the end of the zoom and scale the green screen plate a bit more until you loose the edge of the tv. If you need the video to be completely un-distorted then go 2-4 frames pass the end of the zoom and reset the corner control points for the Corner Pin to match the edges of the image to the edges of the comp. Add an Adjustment Layer on top with a animated Radial Blur (Zoom) to hide the image degradation and you're all set.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tim Parsons
on Jul 29, 2013 at 2:22:55 pm

I have done this very thing in post using the corner pin method described above... be prepared for a major headache. corner pinning a frame so that an image within that frame (that has perspective distortion) becomes full screen... is no quick, fun task.

Return to posts index

Luke Tyrrell
on Aug 2, 2013 at 7:31:51 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Really appreciate it! I got there in the end thanks to your instructions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]