ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Graph Editor - 2 points for 1 keyframe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke SimpsonGraph Editor - 2 points for 1 keyframe
by on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:25:44 pm

Hello,

(Info; AE CS5 10.0.2.4, mac osx 10.6.8)

I'm having a problem with the Graph editor and I don't seem to be able to figure it out. Here's the issue; I have a ball in my comp window, I give it 3 position keyframes so that it rises up and then comes to rest where it started. Now if I go in to the Graph editor to change the curves I have 4 points, one at the start, then 2 in the middle (one above the other) and then the 4th at the end (image below)

This problem seems to be playing with the bezier handles as well, they can only be stretched horizontally, the angle on them cannot be changed at all...

Does anybody have any insight in to why this might be happening and how to change it so I only have 3 points per keyframe?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Graph Editor - 2 points for 1 keyframe
by on Jul 25, 2013 at 3:52:05 pm

[Luke Simpson] "Does anybody have any insight in to why this might be happening and how to change it so I only have 3 points per keyframe?"

Every keyframe has two points in the Graph Editor when viewing the Speed Graph: the incoming speed and outgoing speed.

You can lock these two points together by selecting them, right clicking, choosing "Keyframe Velocity..." and then clicking on the "Continuous (Lock Outgoing to Incoming)" checkbox. This replaces the outgoing speed with the incoming speed and locks them together when you work in the Graph Editor.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]