ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Morph Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diley Balbuena
Morph Issue
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:21:28 am

Hello,

I need some help. I have been working on a video for work and it's for a competition with lego cars. It's a team work morale booster and none of us have any experience in film and editing. I have made due with it though.

I have created a video with multiple tutorials and all was fine except when I reach the morph - nothing goes right. I'm trying to morph 4 cars into one car. All I get when trying is an entire page morphed and it looks terribly sloppy. I have no helpful plugins so i tried the correspondence method. Can someone help me create a quick 5 to 10 sec morph for the attached two images? My deadline is Friday. It's a lot to ask, but I was hoping someone can offer a hand. I will eternally grateful. I figured I give it shot.

Until then I will slave away in front of the computer trying to figure it out with all the morphing tutorials I found. If I don't
I'll just do a simple transition.

Thanks
Diley

<a href='http://f1.creativecow.net/6315/lego-cars'>6315_4carsmorphblackandwhite.rar.zip</a>

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Morph Issue
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:47:11 am

Your link doesn't work, go to your profile(click your name), click the files tab, click in the link field and just paste the link directly into your reply, like this:

6315_4carsmorphblackandwhite.rar.zip

Also, when I opened it up, I only saw 1 image(4 cars) not 2, where's the second one?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Diley Balbuena
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:02:01 pm

It's probably a little to late though but here it is.

Thanks though!

6322_images.rar.zip

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:27:16 pm

I did an old transformer project where words Transform into other words, it's at the office, but I could plug your images into in the morning and you could take a look and use it if you like it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Diley Balbuena
on Jul 25, 2013 at 11:42:55 pm

Today's my last day. I shouldn't have waited to the last minute for that last scene - I was just having a hard time with it. I'm probably going to pull an all nighter trying to figure out how to make those two images into something usable although.
I'm about to give up and just going the transition route since I still have to do timing and final editing. I think it will still kind of get the the message across. I wish I had more time, they just gave us a week to pull a mirable - but I appreciate the thought. Thanks again

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:41:31 am

I just went ahead and rendered the file and made an mp4(nothing special), use it if it helps: 6324_transformer.mp4.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Diley Balbuena
on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:19:01 am

I expecting something simple. That video blew my mind. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 26, 2013 at 11:59:11 am

Glad I could help out, good luck with your project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Ashish Gupta
on Jul 27, 2013 at 7:04:40 am

John,

That's a pretty cool transition ..

Which effect did u use to achieve this ... ?

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Jul 30, 2013 at 12:54:11 pm

I shot you an email of a sample of the project Ashish.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]