ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

24fps to 29.97 fps question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Evans24fps to 29.97 fps question
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:49:56 am

Hi everybody,
I have a question about frame rates for animation. I am doing some animation for a flash project at 24fps. I will be compositing it all in after effects and the final output has to be at 29.97 (for TV). Is there an issue with my flash animation being at a different frame rate? Will it all work out in the end if I simply export my quicktime at 29.97? Or should I be doing my flash animation at 29.97 from the start?
thanks,
stephen

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: 24fps to 29.97 fps question
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 3:11:17 am

Was this question posted to the correct forum? You say you're working on a Flash animation and don't mention After Effects once.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Stephen EvansRe: 24fps to 29.97 fps question
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 3:34:02 am

Yes if you re-read it you'll see that I do mention After Effects. This is essentially an After Effects problem because I'm asking if I should continue to composite it in 24 fps and export as 29.97. Any thoughts?
thanks,
s.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: 24fps to 29.97 fps question
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 4:38:55 am

My mistake, sorry I missed that.

It would be ideal to output a true 29.97 file from Flash.

If that is not an option you should find out if you can deliver a file with 3:2 pulldown and if that will be handled well (I'm not sure how broadcasters prefer their files these days). If so then work at 23.976fps and export to 29.97 with a pulldown.

If the timing on your composite is not essential then you could re-interpret the output from Flash as 29.97 in AE (resulting in a file that is ~4/5 the duration of the original) and render to 29.97.

If you are out of options then I'd composite and render at 29.97 in AE. However, this will result in every 4thish frame being repeated and may appear as stuttering. There are some time-remapping plug-ins that can help alleviate that issue but in my experience they never quite deliver what I'd want them to.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Stephen EvansRe: 24fps to 29.97 fps question
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 11:00:17 am

Thanks Darby.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]