ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any advice on speeding up workflow for a large number of tracking points?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CarltonAny advice on speeding up workflow for a large number of tracking points?
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 12:54:03 am

Quick backstory, skip this bit if you don't care =)
I need to make some tutorial videos for some in-house touchscreen software that shows where on the screen things have been clicked/dragged by adding stylised hands that appear and follow each touchpoint. Usually I'm lucky enough that we do it in code and the hands appear in the program itself. Unfortunately for a couple of our apps I can't do this, so I'm going to have to manually add it to the screen captures with AE in a way that looks pretty close to the other screen caps. The tricky part is there are a LOT of touchpoints to track.

The problem:
I need to have a hand icon appear, follow a tracking point and then disappear - maybe 50 - 60 times each for a couple of different projects. The tracks should be a cinch as it there are nice big clear objects being dragged around each time that are never obscured or interfered with. AE's basic tracker should be able to do it flawlessly first time every time. What I'm looking for is a way to speed up pulling out the position data and attaching it to a new icon layer each time. Any ideas? My AE skills are pretty patchy and self-taught so there's a good chance I've just missed some obvious step that would speed things up but my google-fu has failed to find anything!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Any advice on speeding up workflow for a large number of tracking points?
by on Jul 24, 2013 at 1:09:14 am

I would start off with a Camera Tracker as it will track multiple areas/objects at once.

It's still manual, though, invoking track points and attaching a graphic to a point.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]