ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing from Composition to Retain Layer Size Afterwords...?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Hapeman
Changing from Composition to Retain Layer Size Afterwords...?
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:41:58 pm

I made the mistake of opening up a layered project and setting the layer sizes to the size of the comp (Composition rather than Retain Layer Sizes) as my choice. Bad oops! Now, after the fact, can I resize a layer within my project to it's layer size so the bounding box fits it rather than the comp size it is at this point... THANKS!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Changing from Composition to Retain Layer Size Afterwords...?
on Jul 20, 2013 at 7:47:17 pm

There's no easy way that I know of BUT you can import another copy of the layered file (PSD?) with "retain layer size" selected and then replace all of the layers in your original comp manually. You'll have to select each layer in the original comp and then go to the project panel and find the corresponding layer in the new comp's layers folder and then Alt+drag and drop the new layer onto the old layer in the timeline or the comp viewer window to replace it(shortcut is Ctrl/Cmd + Alt/Opt + /). When you do this the layer will jump to a new position since it's not the same size as the original layer so you'll then have to open up the newly imported composition, select the corresponding layer in there, copy its position and then paste it onto the layer in the original comp. It works, but it's a little tedious. HTH

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Jul 20, 2013 at 10:28:08 pm

Yes... Tedious... but workable. Whew! Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Jul 20, 2013 at 10:37:57 pm

You're welcome, glad to hear it's working for you.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]