ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

controlling the mask points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
taha boukharicontrolling the mask points
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:30:04 am

Hi
im searching any possibilie that can give a solution to control the point of mask in after effects
Because they dont have any parameter and i want to give them parameter of position
I have a triangle i make it whet mask of three point and i want to control those yellow point in order to make many others triangle whit different format whit expression but i dont have any solution in my mind right now to controlling them
Help

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: controlling the mask points
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 10:44:25 am

There is a parameter called mask shape under the mask properties. You can keyframe that to animate the mask. You can either move the individual points (click a point), select and move multiple points (have the mask selected and drag a selection box around the points you want to move) or just transform your whole mask (double click on the mask to get the transform box around it).

Return to posts index

françois leroyRe: controlling the mask points
by on Jul 19, 2013 at 1:40:34 pm

Hi!

I've just developped a plugin that does what I think you're looking for:

http://aescripts.com/bao-mask-avenger/

But there are other solutions too, like:

http://www.nabscripts.com/downloads_en.html

...look for MaskVertexExpression which is free.

Cheers,
François

Return to posts index

taha boukhariRe: controlling the mask points
by on Jul 20, 2013 at 5:11:55 pm

thanks for the help
but i'm trying to understand the work of the mask control vertices and find a simple way to controlling them with expressions
and what exactly i need it s the reference of the expression that control the bounding box top.left ...
because when i make Alt+click in the mask path it s given me
mask("Mask 1").maskPath
and i m serching the deep expression that control the bounding box in the standard way

Return to posts index

françois leroyRe: controlling the mask points
by on Jul 21, 2013 at 10:16:20 am

Well, a lot of people have been trying to access MaskPath via expression (including me :-) ), but the only things you can do with expressions is grabbing another MaskShape, and/or MaskShape at a different time.

But there is no direct way to access individual Vertex (or even bounding box itself).

The reason is "maskPath" is an "opaque data union". And the only way to access individual parts of this union is via Scripting or Native plugins.

No good news, sorry...

Return to posts index

taha boukhariRe: controlling the mask points
by on Jul 21, 2013 at 6:53:41 pm

Not good news but thank you so much it s helping me to understand how after effects work

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]