ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

point to the combination of echo and repeater abilities please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jess bressler
point to the combination of echo and repeater abilities please
on Jul 19, 2013 at 5:28:54 am

I want a line of circles to follow a motion path with the ability to freeze them in place at times, change the number of instances seen (starting small, getting bigger), and be able to have each instance rotate around the path individually (as opposed to a large group staying in formation and rotating around a center anchor). The repeater does not let them follow a path nor rotate around it individually, and Echo does not seem to let me freeze them in place. I know I could use nested comps, but I need over 120 instances so I am looking for a way to avoid it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS. please don't tell me to just look in the forums. I have spent many hours doing so and can't find the appropriate answer so if you know it is in there, please paste a link. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: point to the combination of echo and repeater abilities please
on Jul 19, 2013 at 11:41:21 am

Have you seen Dan Ebberts's expressions for Creating Trails [link] (also known as "Follow the Leader")?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

jess bressler
Re: point to the combination of echo and repeater abilities please
on Jul 19, 2013 at 4:41:55 pm

Yes Walter, thank you for replying! and I have used an expression like that before in fact, though I hadn't seen this page- very interesting! Can one still set keyframes on number of followers using this I wonder? I will revisit that tutorial again and see if I can't figure out how to change it to my needs (I am not yet an expressions master so any help is welcome :)

I completely assumed there was a 'click on this button and this one' solution as it seems like such a common thing to do! [at least the many individual shapes along a path with anchor points at the path part.... ]

- thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]