ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE/MOTION edge flickers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon WarnerAE/MOTION edge flickers
by on Jul 16, 2013 at 9:57:37 pm

I'm working on a project which is mostly animated in AE. I'm new to after effects and I'm hoping there's a simple solution to my problem. the laptop screen in composited in. the "webpage scrolling" is animated in after effects. I do the actual composite in motion from FCP. I want to get rid of the squiggly line around the edge of the composite and the boxes of the scrolling selection but Im not sure what causing the problem. The scrolling part also has a flicker as it moves but I think it's all related to the same issue. I'm using AE CS4, FCP7 and Motion 4.

-Brandon Warner-
Iris Film and Production

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: AE/MOTION edge flickers
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:04:54 pm

Without seeing the base undistorted file and how it is being interpreted by AE I can't solve it straigh away.

But you can try to blur the image a bit (half a pixel) add some noise on top of it all. Maybe blur it more and use sharpen so you get more colors around the edges so it can lessen the aliasing.

Are you using 3d and rotating or corner pin?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE/MOTION edge flickers
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:33:38 pm

I agree with Cassius that it appears your screen animation from AE was either rendered incorrectly or read incorrectly by Motion. It could be as simple as an incorrect fields setting, which is what it appears to be to me. I don't use Motion but try changing the fields setting for your screen animation clip and see if that fixes it. If not, if you can provide more info about your render settings from AE and your import settings in Motion that would be helpful.

Erik Waluska

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: AE/MOTION edge flickers
by on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:19:21 pm

Hmmm... now reading Erik's reply I noticed that I got it backwards. You're applying the distortion in motion. Now I know for sure that I can't solve the problem since it can be nothing related to AE. It could be just the way motion renders that distortion. These seem to be bad anti-aliasing lines, nothing more.

All I can say is. If you see things fine in AE and it plays fine in quicktime. It's Motion messing it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved