ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to Restrict Controls for Adobe Encore (CS5) Menu Transitions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob LehneHow to Restrict Controls for Adobe Encore (CS5) Menu Transitions
by on Jul 16, 2013 at 2:06:36 am

I've looked for an answer to this and can't find it anywhere. I've created a bunch of really neat transitions that play for a few seconds between each menu. I know how to restrict the user from pausing, rewinding, etc during the transition by selecting the timeline and changing the "Operations: All Permitted" to whatever I want in the options.

My problem is that I have one transition that seamlessly starts the PLAY ALL selection, starting my main video. I would like to change the user permissions to none for the first chapter only (Chapter 1 has the transition part of the video), and restrict the user from using the back button to go from Chapter 2 to Chapter 1. However, I don't want to restrict the user for the entire timeline.

I suppose it could be done by making making a second chapter after my first transition one of just a frame or two, then making my PLAY ALL button link to a playlist with
1-The transition (No operations permitted)
2-The chapter with a couple of frames (No operations permitted or No Previous/Next chapter permitted)
3-The rest of the video (All permitted)

This is a blue ray project, when means chapter playlists are out. If I cut up the main video into three different timelines could I achieve this and still have seamless playback between the cuts? Is there a better way to do this? Or are transitions only supposed to be used between menus?

Thanks much to any more advanced than I am (most of you) and who are willing to take their time to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved