ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Music Visulization

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse SliterMusic Visulization
by on Jul 14, 2013 at 8:28:36 pm

Hello everyone. I made an account here to ask this question, I hope this is the right section. Anyway, I'm looking for a way to get ae to play pre loaded clips when music reaches a certain threshold. For example, if a song has a heavy bass, I would like to use an expression to play a clip everytime the bass happens. Is this doable in ae?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Music Visulization
by on Jul 14, 2013 at 9:46:46 pm

I don't know of a way to do replace layers based on audio amplitude but there are some scripts that will do some of the work for you. Trapcode Sound Keys may also be useful to you since it lets you pick certain frequencies instead of just the overall amplitude.

Erik Waluska

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Music Visulization
by on Jul 15, 2013 at 2:44:52 pm

Too vague of a question for a complete answer Jesse.

Convert the audio to values and map that to a timeremmap function of a clip.

How would I map it? well...there's a lot more to it. Play it for how long? What happens when another bass hits? Is it full screen or do you overlap videos? It's doable, but only to some extent.

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Music Visulization
by on Jul 15, 2013 at 9:17:42 pm

So I don't have a full answer but that's because I didn't have the time to figure out and write out the expression right now, but if I do get the time to do it then I will post it to this thread. anyways It would probably have to be a series of looping layers each with an if then statement expression attached to their opacity. This if than will be if bass (or treble) is over a value than opacity is 100 else 0 type expressions. How to do if else statements is mentioned here To do that you will have to seperate your treble and bass into values atached to nulss. how to do that is mentioned in this tutorial. Best of luck and like I said if i can get to it I will try to write it, but IDK if i will be able to. You can also post this question on the expressions page. They are very helpful there.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved