ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Object rotating in circle on mask path always starts out in the same place. how do i move it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James MooreObject rotating in circle on mask path always starts out in the same place. how do i move it?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 5:04:51 pm

OK. so i have a circle rotating around a bigger circle. i started with a new layer solid and made a circle mask. i rotated the top vertex point of my mask around the bigger circle until it came to the point where i wanted my smaller circle to start it's rotation. then i right clicked on it and set it to first vertex point. I then copied the mask path and pasted it into the position property of my smaller circle. when i do this, my smaller circle immediately pops to the top of my mask path where it starts and ends it's rotation, and i can't figure out why.

any help would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Object rotating in circle on mask path always starts out in the same place. how do i move it?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:40:45 pm

You need to explain it a little further. You are pasting positional data into a positional property and you're finding it odd that the position is changing? if you paste a mask path in a position track it will do that.

What are you trying to do? On the title you asked how do you move it. There are several ways, make the mask shape exactly where you want it to go or parent the small circle to a null and move the null so you can "add or substract" to it's circular movement.

Return to posts index

James MooreRe: Object rotating in circle on mask path always starts out in the same place. how do i move it?
by on Jul 9, 2013 at 8:36:41 pm

sorry my post was hard to understand. i figured it out. i just needed to add a vertex point to my mask path and then select it as the first vertex point.

thanks for your response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]