ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

2 queries / add keyframe

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris brett
2 queries / add keyframe
on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:35:31 am

Hi -- how do I add a keyframe to an existing animation curve please?

Also please --- I get reply to posts and postings by other users but not follow up posts ie not the complete thread --- any ideas please ?

--------------------------cheers -----------chris --

======================================================

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 2 queries / add keyframe
on Jul 6, 2013 at 2:09:00 am

[chris brett] "Hi -- how do I add a keyframe to an existing animation curve please?"

You can add a keyframe for a specific property at the current time with its current value by adding Alt to its shortcut. For example, to add a keyframe at the CTI for Opacity, hit Alt-T.

You can do it with the mouse for any property by clicking the "Add or remove keyframe at current time" button for the property (it looks like a diamond), in between the Previous and Next Keyframe buttons (they look like triangles) to the left of the property name under the eyeball visibility switch.

[chris brett] "Also please --- I get reply to posts and postings by other users but not follow up posts ie not the complete thread --- any ideas please ?"

I'd check ask Abraham over at the Letters to the COW forum [link]. Then just check back in on that forum to make sure you didn't miss a response!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Jul 6, 2013 at 12:33:41 pm

Hi Walter

- thanks for iur speedy and precise info -- very useful and much appreciated --

---- all the best ------ chris --

================================

Return to posts index

Kris Koster
on Oct 19, 2015 at 10:54:17 am

Sure -

But what about a property that is part of an 3rd party plugin effect?

I'm doing a repetitious job, inserting keyframes onto a composition every second, but I want to just be able to add a keyframe at the current point in time. Any ideas how I find out the keyboard shortcut for a 3rd party plugin? I've looked online but can't find any.

Seems a bit ridiculous to me, I can right-click and 'add keyframe' quite easily, but there is no keyboard shortcut to do the same thing!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 19, 2015 at 11:01:17 am

[Kris Koster] "Any ideas how I find out the keyboard shortcut for a 3rd party plugin? I've looked online but can't find any. Seems a bit ridiculous to me, I can right-click and 'add keyframe' quite easily, but there is no keyboard shortcut to do the same thing!"

There is no generic "add keyframe" shortcut.

You could write a script that creates keyframes at the current time for all selected properties, and then bind that to a hotkey. The first 20 scripts in the script menu are addressable via the shortcuts file.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]