ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

DSLR Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will CuizonDSLR Workflow
by on Jul 5, 2013 at 6:00:58 am

I just recently went back to editing videos, it has been my hobby to make videos. I used to edit them and render in After Effects CS5, my question is what is a more fast workflow, because rendering in After Effects is very slow, is there any other editing software i could use to render my videos edited in after effects to make render time faster? Or should i stick rendering my videos in After Effects?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: DSLR Workflow
by on Jul 6, 2013 at 2:50:37 am

[Will Cuizon] "I used to edit them and render in After Effects CS5, my question is what is a more fast workflow, because rendering in After Effects is very slow, is there any other editing software i could use to render my videos edited in after effects to make render time faster? "

When you say you edit in After Effects, what exactly do you mean?

When I hear "editing" I think reviewing footage, making cuts -- and I think NLE (non-linear editor) like Premiere, FCP, or Avid.

After Effects is great for design, effects, and compositing, but it's not built to be an editor.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Will CuizonRe: DSLR Workflow
by on Jul 7, 2013 at 12:31:03 am

most of the time i just edit and cut but sometimes i composite videos and add design and effects but i do it all in after effects. my question is if i add effects to a 3 minute video and add it to a footage that i edited that is 12 minutes long what is a good workflow after editing the effects in after effects would i render it all in after effects or import the edited video in another software to be rendered faster?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2013 at 3:23:31 am

any advice? for example i have a 10 minute video and i only add effects for like 2 mins of the video should i render the whole 10 minute video in after effects or should i export the 2 minute video to any other editing software for example premiere and render it there with the rest of the videos?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: DSLR Workflow
by on Jul 11, 2013 at 2:45:54 pm

[Will Cuizon] "any advice? for example i have a 10 minute video and i only add effects for like 2 mins of the video should i render the whole 10 minute video in after effects or should i export the 2 minute video to any other editing software for example premiere and render it there with the rest of the videos?"

I wouldn't do the whole thing in Ae if you just need to handle a few shots. I'd either dynamic-link the shots from Premiere, or render them out from Ae and import them into Pr.

Make sure when you render in Ae that the "Project Link" option is ticked in the output module settings. This will preserves a link in the movie file back to the project file that created it and lets you re-open the AEP in Ae again directly from the clip in Pr.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

by on Jul 11, 2013 at 10:50:12 pm

thanks for the advice. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved