ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Any ideas on how to combined these two plates in AE CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dylan DruktenisAny ideas on how to combined these two plates in AE CS6?
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 7:46:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm working on shot of a car parked in a parking lot. The shot I was given was shot on a black screen which is making this task extremely difficult. Currently I'm trying to roto everything, but there is a lot of movement and hair in the shot making it a hard and tedious task. Does anyone have any ideas of a more efficient way of removing the windshield? Thanks!

Screenshot of Main Plate(I have already done roto work on the open windows): http://oi42.tinypic.com/2r606s0.jpg

Screenshot of BG: http://oi39.tinypic.com/dbqd0g.jpg

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Any ideas on how to combined these two plates in AE CS6?
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 8:09:31 pm

What i would do is duplicate your car footage. then do a rough mask around the car. Then on the top layer drop your saturation to 0. Then apply curves (levels works too, but I hate levels. just a personal preference)Then adjust your curves so that the car is 100% white and your black screen is 100% black and your windshield is in the blackish grey. that way you still have some windshield. Then set the bottom car footage layer to Luma Matte insert you background of the parking lot underneath all that, and then you will have it.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Dylan DruktenisRe: Any ideas on how to combined these two plates in AE CS6?
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 9:01:25 pm

Thanks Doyle! I have to play around with animating some masks, but overall using the luma matte helped a lot with this shot. Thanks again for the advice!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]