ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problems tracing over an image of a geometric shape with the stroke tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kit Websterproblems tracing over an image of a geometric shape with the stroke tool
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:15:12 am

I am tracing over an image geometric shape with the stroke tool to animate a line around the shape.

I am coming across a problem when the pen tool hovers over a corner that already has a line on it, the pen icon disappears and turns into that little black arrow, as the software thinks I want to alter the position of that previously drawn line..

The only way I can find to work around it is to create a new mask and then keep working, or zoom in as much as possible and then draw the mask path as close as possible to the shape corner while not hovering directly above the previous line.

Is there a better way, like a key command that disregards the previous line, and retains the pen tool so I can reanimate the same part of the shape?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: problems tracing over an image of a geometric shape with the stroke tool
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 7:07:38 am

[Kit Webster] "Is there a better way, like a key command that disregards the previous line, and retains the pen tool so I can reanimate the same part of the shape?"

Nope!

What you should do is to create a point either ahead or behind the existing point. Once you've drawn all the necessary points, you can then move the 'second' point into its desired position.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]