ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Text Light Up Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake KraskAfter Effects Text Light Up Effect
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 11:01:41 pm

Hey. I could really use someones help. I have to make around 400 words where each letter will light up individually. Right now I make a text layer then turn it into a shape layer and take each letters opacity keyframe it to 0 move forward one frame and increase to opacity to 100. Then I move forward two seconds and continue this process. This is a really long and annoying process and I was wondering if you know of an easier way to do this. Please help it takes me about 5 minutes and I really could use an easier way.

PLEASE HELP.

Thank you

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Text Light Up Effect
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 1:20:07 am

You need to look into text animators. Make sure your "Effects & Presets" window is open(cnlt+5)and in the search box type in "Fade Up Characters". Drag that on to a text layer and it should do automatically what you are doing manually. You'll probably need to adjust the keyframes a bit, but that preset should get you 90% of the way home.

Next you should check out: Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC), the link to Andrew Devis training at the Cow, has quite a few lessons on text animators, would be very helpful to what you are doing

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jake KraskRe: After Effects Text Light Up Effect
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 1:33:01 am

Thank you so much. Do you know if there is a way to not get each letter to fade in but rather just pop up. I know I could make a lot of keyframes to get what I want but I was wondering if you knew of an easier way from here?

Thanks so much!!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Text Light Up Effect
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 2:36:06 am

Open up your text and if you used the preset you want to open up Animator 1" > Range Selector > Advanced and change the smoothness from 100% to 0%. That will manually change the effect. There is another preset called "typewriter" you could use that is setup exactly like that though.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: After Effects Text Light Up Effect
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 4:18:13 am

I would highly recommend this preset which can be easily modified to produce virtually any sort of procedural type animation you want.

http://mattrunks.com/en/tutorials/after-effects/amortype

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]