ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe after effects to cinema 4D sound

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Nunez
Adobe after effects to cinema 4D sound
on Jul 2, 2013 at 10:01:10 pm

Hi, I was wondering if you could combine adobe after effects to cinema 4D just for the sound, this would make it easier because every time i use cinema 4D sound its always choppy. Thanks

-Kevin

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Adobe after effects to cinema 4D sound
on Jul 3, 2013 at 1:43:11 pm

[Kevin Nunez] "Hi, I was wondering if you could combine adobe after effects to cinema 4D just for the sound, this would make it easier because every time i use cinema 4D sound its always choppy. Thanks "

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but sure, with Ae CC you can easily bring your C4D project into Ae. You'll have a lot of flexibility for moving back and forth between the two apps.

But your C4D sound choppiness might be caused by a C4D default setting to play all frames in the viewport. If your viewport isn't playing in real-time, the sound will get choppy because its playback is locked to the viewport. Click the filmstrip icon below the viewport and uncheck "All Frames." This will let C4D keep time and skip frames.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kevin Nunez
on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:02:10 pm

Thanks so much that helped me a lot, I was wondering if there is anyway to make the sound file view able in the timeline?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:28:37 pm

[Kevin Nunez] "Thanks so much that helped me a lot, I was wondering if there is anyway to make the sound file view able in the timeline?"

In which application?

In Ae, select your layer with audio and tap 'LL' (the L key twice) to reveal its waveform. (You can also twirl open the disclosure triangles; the waveform is conveniently located under Audio.)

Other Ae audio tips: Preview audio in AE by hitting the period key on the numeric keypad. While AE is previewing audio, hit the asterisk key on the numeric keypad to add markers in real time. To scrub audio in AE, hold down Cmd and Opt on a Mac (Ctrl and Alt on Windows) while dragging the CTI around the timeline. To scrub audio and video together, hold Cmd on a Mac (or Ctrl on Windows) while dragging the CTI.

In C4D, presumably you've already added the sound track (in the Timeline window, select an object, then click Create > Add Special Tracks > Sound, then select your sound file in the attributes manager). Twirl open the disclosure triangle just to the left of the sound track's name in the timeline to reveal its waveform.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]