ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Layer Markers.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deyo GlinesAfter Effects Layer Markers.
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 7:50:54 pm

I've tried to search this out, but maybe I'm wording it wrong. I want to place a marker at a point inside of a frame, but it snaps to the beginning or end of the frame only, There is a specific accent that I need to hit mid frame. In Pro Tools it's called "Slip" mode where you can get right at the point of interest to edit. Is there a similar function for After Effects to mark inside of a frame? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: After Effects Layer Markers.
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 10:04:44 pm

I think that it's because they are "frame markers", you cannot mark anything but a frame. I think the only way you could do this is by changing the frame rate of the clip, which might not be a good idea. Might a Composition Marker be able to get you a workaround on this? I don't know whether they snap to the frame as well, but I would assume that they would, since the basic unit of the Composition is the frame, after all.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Deyo GlinesRe: After Effects Layer Markers.
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 10:34:51 pm

Thanks Joe,
Yes the comp marker snaps as well. I thought thought I'd just throw this out there incase there was some kind of slip function for the wav files. I fussed it close enough for RnR [ which is what it is].

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved