ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Best camera for Slow Motion video under $300?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack OwensBest camera for Slow Motion video under $300?
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 11:36:35 pm

I currently have a Sony Cybershot DSC-WX9 that shoots 1080p 60i footage. However, I have recently become interested in slow motion footage, and my WX9 doesn't seem to work very well. I have looked at the GoPro cameras, but they aren't necessarily for the type of video I do (green screen, After Effects movies, super slow motion effects). I am guessing GoPro is meant for taking video outdoors in extreme circumstances. I don't plan on doing anything extreme with a camera, just need something with a high frame rate and excellent video capabilities.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Best camera for Slow Motion video under $300?
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 4:16:58 am

To answer your topic: The Casio high speed series. No, they're not as good as a proper dedicated high speed camera but they can be bought for less than 300 bucks. The Sony FS700 will shoot high speed in bursts but the body is about 7000 euros and if you need a proper high speed camera the prices start from 10 thousand and go way up from there.

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Best camera for Slow Motion video under $300?
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:04:56 pm

The GoPro Hero Black Edition is $400 (I know $100 over what you asked) and can shoot 120 frames per second at 720p. downsides are memory space and it only has a wide angle lens.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Best camera for Slow Motion video under $300?
by on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:31:43 am

Although the lens is wide, the updated software will allow you to choose a Medium or even Narrow field of view. Use the GoPro Hero 3 Black to record 720p 120fps ProTune or even 240fps in WVGA.
Here's an interesting link:

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved