ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to animation in a still picture

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikkel BrøndumHow to animation in a still picture
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 10:11:17 pm

Hey guys!

I'm doing an animation for my friend, he's a DJ and are playing in a pretty big club in some days.

He sent me his logo, Which contains their name "ChubbyMonday" and three triangles to the upper left of the text. He asked me if i could animate the triangles so that they are flyring around on the picture and atuff like that.

So i took the photo to PS, cuttet the triangles out and saved them as .PNG's.
But heres my problem, i am animating them (position) so they fly across the screen, but i wanna add some rotation (Maybe make them 3D layers too!), but when i add the rotation, the arent just spinning around them selfs, if you understand what i mean, they are flying further away from the animated path and makes it look kinda akward.

do you guys have a tip or some good edvices?

Reallt sorry for the bad spelling, i'm in a hurry right now and i'm from Denmark.

Hope ypu guys can help me out!
Have a nice day!

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: How to animation in a still picture
by on Jul 1, 2013 at 11:13:56 pm

Layers rotate around their anchor point. If the triangles are not rotating around their centre's then their anchor points are not centred.

Long live Sarah Lund!

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: How to animation in a still picture
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 8:17:56 pm

Agreed, it sounds like an issue with anchor point. It will look like the anchor point is changing the position of the layer (which you will have to adjust), but it is really changing the point at which the layer rotates around.

Though AE will import PS files just fine. When ever I cut up a picture like that, I just import the PS file and I can animate each layer separately. It can also help later as any change to that PS file will automatically update in AE (though you may have to reload the footage). If I'm doing a picture animation where parts of the background need to clone stamped out, I save that for after the animation is finished so I don't end up clone stamping more than is needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved