ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer Jumping/Glitching

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Gao
Warp Stabilizer Jumping/Glitching
on Jun 30, 2013 at 6:47:47 pm

Hi fellow Creative Cow-ers,

I'm running AE CS6, and have used the warp stabilizer effect to smooth a ~1min clip. It seems to be doing a great job, except every so often there will be a single frame with an abrupt jump in the footage. The clip is of a pair of red lipstick lips singing a song, and there are no bumps or continuity gaps in the un-effected original. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have played around with settings, and nothing seems to fix the issue... Here are my settings:
Result: Smooth Motion
Smoothness: 20%
Method: Subspace Warp
Framing: Stabilize Only
Additional scale: 75%
Detailed Analysis ON
Rolling Shutter Ripple: Automatic Reduction

Thank you for your knowledge and help!

AG

Return to posts index

Alexander Gao
Re: Warp Stabilizer Jumping/Glitching
on Jun 30, 2013 at 7:14:08 pm

Also, I thought the issue might be caused by moments with high motion blur which could throw the stabilize tracking off, but that also doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas?

Alexander G.
--
Filmer, Mad Scientist, Daydreamer
USA

Return to posts index

Ivan Myles
on Jun 30, 2013 at 9:01:38 pm

I experienced the same issue but do not have a solution. Because of this problem I usually use motion tracker instead.

What format is your source footage? If the file is long GOP format like H.264, MPEG, VC-1, etc, AE might be having trouble tracking through P and B frames. Try converting the clip to an all intra-frame format like ProRes, DNxHD, AVC-I, or uncompressed. No guarantees it will work; just trying to troubleshoot.

Return to posts index

Alexander Gao
on Jun 30, 2013 at 9:29:25 pm

My footage was originally shot in Canon's 5D H264 format, and I converted it to ProRes 422 before bringing into After Effects.

Thanks for the tip, Ivan! I may try that method next time. I ended up just breaking my footage into separate clips at the problem frames, then manually re-positioning the clips so they would line up.

Alexander G.
--
Filmer, Mad Scientist, Daydreamer
USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]