ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Make Green Screen out of Fabric?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Owens
Make Green Screen out of Fabric?
on Jun 30, 2013 at 4:47:59 am

I have really been needing a green screen for some effects in my video. However, I have a limited budget and don't want to spend anymore than I need to. So I am thinking of buying bright green fabric and using that. Would that work? I have tried using a dark green bed sheet before and it turned out pretty bad, so I was thinking perhaps a bright lime-green piece of fabric might work?

What is your guy's advice?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Make Green Screen out of Fabric?
on Jun 30, 2013 at 7:01:40 am

It can work, but you must be very careful to not allow wrinkles and creases to occur. You need consistent color/lighting, and wrinkles and creases throw little shadows that ruin that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
on Jun 30, 2013 at 4:44:39 pm

Most inexpensive (depending on ur needs and situation) is a roll of chroma key green from a camera store. It comes in a roll and costs 20 to 40$.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Jack Owens
on Jul 1, 2013 at 11:39:39 pm

OK, thanks guys. I went ahead an bought a 4 foot by 12 foot piece of bright green fabric at Walmart. So far, it is working good but like mentioned, I am getting some annoying shadows/wrinkles. Would this be avoided if I used brighter lighting?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:07:23 am

Stretch the fabric taut and light from multiple directions.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Jack Owens
on Jul 3, 2013 at 5:13:45 am

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]