ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to launch C4D Lite without AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle High
Is it possible to launch C4D Lite without AE?
on Jun 28, 2013 at 3:15:32 pm

As this is a new workflow, I'm not sure if it's a bug or the way it's designed, but is the only way to launch C4D Lite through AE's interface?

I found the app buried in my AE plugins folder and double clicked to launch it. It attempts to start then nothing. I double clicked a test file I had just created by going through AE to C4D Lite, and the same thing happened.

Maybe I'm crazy, but this seems very counter productive to me.

Has anyone else tried this..?

Thanks, Kyle

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Is it possible to launch C4D Lite without AE?
on Jun 28, 2013 at 9:02:44 pm

from details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects CC (12.0):

"You open the version of CINEMA 4D that is installed with After Effects using the New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File command or the Edit Original command in After Effects. You will not see this version of CINEMA 4D installed in the Start menu on Windows or in the Applications directory on Mac OS. (If you have another version of CINEMA 4D installed in addition to the CINEMA 4D Lite version, these commands will open the other version.)"

The entire point of the free Cinema 4D Lite application is to use it within the context of After Effects. If you want to do more, you can upgrade to another of the editions of Cinema 4D from Maxon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kyle High
Re: Is it possible to launch C4D Lite without AE?
on Jun 28, 2013 at 9:17:02 pm

Thanks for the reply Todd.

The fact Adobe and Maxon are finally working together is AWESOME! I was just hoping to not have to open AE every time I wanted to work on a model or project in CD4.

Moving on....

Thanks, Kyle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]