ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

color artifacts in 16bit image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jovan Strelcolor artifacts in 16bit image
by on Jun 28, 2013 at 1:14:29 pm

i having a problem with footage which is >

If i increase the bpc of the composition from 8 to 16bit or 32, i get a lot of color artifacts in areas that are brightly lit, or where the highlights are strong

in player (quicktime and vlc) everything is fine, but in after it keeps showing. I've also tried in Nuke, same problem

I use AE CS6, the same problem happens in CS3

its a video footage, 10 bit image, and was exported from avid in quicktime DNxHD

any suggestions? thanks

0_artifactscolor.jpg

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: color artifacts in 16bit image
by on Jun 28, 2013 at 4:18:28 pm

[Jovan Strel] "in after it keeps showing. I've also tried in Nuke, same problem... its a video footage, 10 bit image, and was exported from avid in quicktime DNxHD"

I think this is a QuickTime issue. This might be better in CC, in which Adobe added native support for DNxHD.

That said, here's an ugly workaround: add a color limiter effect on the Avid before export:

http://community.avid.com/forums/p/109346/633841.aspx#633841

You might instead try using RGB instead of 709 encoding for the DNxHD output; I don't know for sure that would work and don't have suitable footage here at the moment to test, but since the problem is occurring in the superbrights, it could be worth a try.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jovan StrelRe: color artifacts in 16bit image
by on Jun 28, 2013 at 5:08:32 pm

thanks for help - the link confirmed what i was thinking, those supewhites, blaaast them :D

instead of exporting in quicktime, i will ask for dpx sequences - hope it fixes it

thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]