ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blood Stain on a Shirt using Mocha

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nacera Mekki
Blood Stain on a Shirt using Mocha
on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:04:27 pm

I am having trouble trying to figure out how to put a blood stain on a shirt and keep it there!

I've been trying to track the selected motion in Mocha, but for some reason the keyframes (once I past back into AE) are not moving within the selected area.
I'm not sure if I am missing some important step, but I have followed tutorials and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Is this the best way to create a blood stain on a shirt with moving footage?

The blood stain was created as a solid, then a mask on top of the shirt.
I created a null object to copy the keyframe path from Mocha, then linked (parented) the solid 'Blood' layer to the null object.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated!!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nathan Grout
Re: Blood Stain on a Shirt using Mocha
on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:28:15 pm

Where your playhead is on your After Effects timeline matters when pasting in the keyframes. It needs to be on the first frame of the clip. I've forgotten this a million times, so when I see Mocha tracking that doesn't line up, this is always the first thing I check (and it's usually the cause).

Return to posts index

Nacera Mekki
on Jun 28, 2013 at 12:20:37 am

Thanks, I've tried lining up the playhead at the start of the clip. The problem is that the tracking is not staying with the area I created in Mocha. Still trying to figure this one out.
Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Nacera Mekki
on Jun 29, 2013 at 8:01:27 pm

Thanks for your input!! Turns out I needed to use to different tracking points, one on each shoulder, to get the motion to stay put on his shirt.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]