ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Plexus and Camera Glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin PedrazaPlexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 7:59:22 pm

Hello again! I'm having some trouble with plexus. Here is the deal: I can work perfectly with plexus, orbit the camera around it, transform it via its world and object handles, but the moment i place a keyframe in the camera, it no longer updates it. What i mean is, if y press c and mouse around, say, a cube, the cube stays frozen. If i preview or render, the glitch persists, only it may update in the last frame of the preview.

If i use plexus on a smaller comp, with just a solid with plexus being orbited, i cannot orbit in real time as well, but it appears to work in the preview. What seems to be the matter? I am working in a 10.8 OSX mac pro, with 2x2.4 ghz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 20 Gb RAM, and a radeon 5770. What is the problem? Help!

Return to posts index

Martin PedrazaRe: Plexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:14:51 pm

I just found out that this only happens when i place anything other than the first keyframe in the camera layer. If i move the camera in its first key, it updates perfectly. If i move a single frame forward, it no longer updates. Fast draft isnt working either, it seems like it tries to do something, but just jumps incontrollably from one frame to the next.

Crap. I really need this to work.

On another note, i think im narrowing it down to an AE bug. Even during successful ram previews, there are stutters, and strange returns to previous frames. What do you guys think is going on?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:33:46 pm

More info! But not a solution.

It seems AE isn't forgetting about previously rendered frames when doing previews (And maybe when orbiting the camera?)

An example: I applied an animated ramp to plexus's color map. I changed it a bit, but some of the frames are still rendering with the previous, unanimated ramp, thus creating this stutters i mentioned. What the hell! This is getting frustrating.

EDIT:
Narrowed it down to the camera. It is most definitely a camera issue. If i delete the camera, all stutters dissapear. Which is uncool, given that i still need DOF and stuff. What can i start to do to fix the problem?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Plexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:12:47 pm

What version of After Effects? 11.0.0? 11.0.2? 12.0?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2013 at 9:41:13 pm

It's CS6. Dont know exactly what version, i´ll know tomorrow when i get back to work. THanks for the reply!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:08:51 pm

Make sure that you have the After Effects CS6 (11.0.2) update installed. It fixes a lot of problems.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:43:57 pm

I'll do that and report back. Is this a known issue? I just remembered the same thing happenned to me while working with 3dstroke, in this very same computer.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2013 at 10:46:24 pm

There were caching issues in 11.0.0 fixed in 11.0.1 and 11.0.2. I don't know whether your issue, specifically, is among them. Just install the updates and let's go from there.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Adam KoisRe: Plexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Sep 16, 2013 at 9:21:03 pm

Thanks Adobe! I was having the same issue, but fixed after the update! :D hooray

Return to posts index

Philipe AmaroRe: Plexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Jun 17, 2015 at 5:25:41 pm

Heyyyy

Worked for me too after the update! :)))

I just download from here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=5697&fileID=5714

yayy

Return to posts index

Francisco Castro SantosRe: Plexus and Camera Glitch?
by on Jul 17, 2015 at 10:48:34 pm

Hey there!

First and foremost I'm a complete newbie to Plexus but I watched a bunch of tutorials already and I managed to understand its principles.

I'm running Adobe After Effects CC 2015 with Plexus 2.0.13 and one thing that it's driving me crazy is the fact that every camera I create does not orbit around Plexus — it's as if I was moving my head at the object instead of being around the object.

The steps I take are:

1. Create the solid
2. Apply Plexus
3. Do something awesome
4. Create the camera

Is there a place I need to attach the camera to Plexus or something?

I'm sorry if my question is idiotic — but I'm desperate and I tried everything.

Furthermore, every single tutorial video I watched of Plexus people just create the camera and boom... it's rocking straight away.

Thank you everyone!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]