ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can't Drag Camera Back Further Along Z-Axis.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marius CrowneCan't Drag Camera Back Further Along Z-Axis.
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 12:39:48 am

This is an odd thing... Of course, I'm probably doing something pretty strange myself. Here's the problem!

I'm making a piece, which is entirely a kaleidoscopic pattern sort of thing. It's huge. Made up of rotoscoped bits of 5k video files. The idea is this: I construct the entire piece and then create a camera, with which I start VERY close to the entire "cavas," so to speak and then drag back and move it around, bit by bit, until the entire, crazy pattern is revealed.

This was going along swimmingly, but at one point, I simply couldn't drag the camera back further along the z-axis. This is in the camera view window in the canvas. I can still use the position parameters for the camera, of course, but things are just now starting to get a bit wonky. I would really prefer to be able to see the wee camera icon and it's path and be able to drag it around.

I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who knows a fix/ work around for this.

Return to posts index

Marius CrowneRe: Can't Drag Camera Back Further Along Z-Axis.
by on Jun 26, 2013 at 1:07:34 am

Just to clarify, I am talking about the camera window in the canvas with the top, bottom, left, and right views. Once you zoom out to 1.5% and hit the proverbial wall, the camera's got no where to go. Tried grabbing by holding down the space bar and all that jazz.

(help, losing it)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved