ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

long hd export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ofeq shemer
long hd export
on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:54:06 pm

hello
this forum was (and is ) a big help for me over the years but i never actively participated, until now!

i have a this question for quite some time now and i would really appreciate any help.

i need a good solution for exporting very long compositions in full HD. i'm talking about 30min, 40min, 1 hour...

usually, in shorter projects, i export from ae a master movie (QT animation) and according to need -compressing it in Media Encoder.
but the file sizes of the QT animation are just not practical for the long movies.
does anyone now about any format or codec that can give fairly good results and still keep the file size something that i don't need another hard drive just to make it?

thank you very much
ofeq

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: long hd export
on Jun 25, 2013 at 5:57:50 pm

[ofeq shemer] "i need a good solution for exporting very long compositions in full HD. i'm talking about 30min, 40min, 1 hour... usually, in shorter projects, i export from ae a master movie (QT animation) and according to need -compressing it in Media Encoder."

With Ae CS6 and higher, you can use AME to render and compress Ae comps.

Open AME, then use File > Add After Effects Composition... or simply drag and drop a comp from Ae to AME.

You render might be slower via AME than Ae, because AME doesn't use multiprocessing, but you will be able to avoid creating the intermediate file.

If you do want to use an intermediate workflow, you might consider a mastering-quality codec like ProRes, DNxHD, or CineForm for your intermediate.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

ofeq shemer
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:06:20 pm

walter thank you very much for this extremely fast answer

starting to render with AME right now and will check the codecs you stated soon.
probably their downside is that they are not regular on all clients's computers....

thanks again
ofeq

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 25, 2013 at 6:10:02 pm

[ofeq shemer] "starting to render with AME right now and will check the codecs you stated soon. probably their downside is that they are not regular on all clients's computers...."

I'm not suggesting you use these for your final deliverable -- I'm suggesting you use them in place of lossless animation-codec QuickTimes as intermediates to bring into AME if you wish you use multiprocessing.

All the codecs I mentioned there are high-quality compressed codecs. You can get the file size down to about 20% the size of an uncompressed version with very, very little loss in quality. What loss there is typically visually imperceptible.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]