ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A preset or expression for automatic volume change

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gokhan yilmaz
A preset or expression for automatic volume change
on Jun 22, 2013 at 8:19:34 pm

Is there any way to change volume automatically with its wave scale or something?

here is what i mean:
http://i.imgur.com/SEEC1w3.jpg

blue sector has higher volume and red sector has lower volume but i dont want to keyframe it manually, its literally pain especially when i work with 1 hour comp.

in that screenshot, i need to hear as high as possible but not higher than bottom layer. top layer has gunshot sounds etc and sometimes i cant hear my voice (bottom layer). so i have to keyframe sound but is there any way to do this easy way?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: A preset or expression for automatic volume change
on Jun 22, 2013 at 10:42:26 pm

If you have access to audition, you could use Effects > Amplitude and Compression > Dynamic Processing. You create a "S" curve that will raise the lows and limit the highs.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jun 23, 2013 at 12:59:26 am

that still isn't automatic. I think he's looking to automatically match volume

I would try rms or perceived loudness. Once they are equal,put a multiband compressor on the master track. That will smooth out the loudness.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/audition/cs/using/WS1321CAC4-3974-4e2a-AC94-F92...

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Jun 23, 2013 at 4:22:17 pm

You shouldn't be using AE for this sort of audio. If it was a few seconds then that's OK but for something like this, you will want to use a software that allows for playback of the audio files without requiring a render.

You should look at using Adobe Audition or PPro. You will then have to manually fade in/out the levels of one of the files as and when required. This is standard operational procedure and the main work of editing/mixing audio tracks.

Having said that, you can use Expressions in AE to automate fades to the soundFx track but there's a good chance that you will still want to tweak the fade ins/outs.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE

Return to posts index

gokhan yilmaz
on Jun 24, 2013 at 9:29:03 am

Thank all of you guys.

@roland
after effects already has playback audio without render. so that's not a problem to work long audio files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]