ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

This footage drive me crazy!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Di BerardinoThis footage drive me crazy!!
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 7:20:56 pm

Hi guys, is long time that i am working on a footage that still give me much problems. For copyright reason i can not upload the footage but look something similar to the image

So as you can see the image is not completly clear, there is some shadow on the man body. In my video (1440 frame in total) there is a woman full body with some shadows on the face, foot and other part of the body. The employer want i delete the background on the footage, and replace with an other. (in my case the background to remove is black with some little detail to remove).
I tryed with rotobrush but is impossible to take the shadow part, try with lumakey and unmult and work for remove the black but part of the body (where the shadow is) is trasparent. Which is the best way to make good job on this type of clip.
Thanks in advance.

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: This footage drive me crazy!!
by on Jun 22, 2013 at 9:40:41 pm

It sounds like good old classic roto work to me. You may want to try Mocha for that - track the shapes you can and cut the rest of the person by hand approximating the shapes when you can't see them clearly. The trick it's to be consistent in the way you approximate the shape.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Andrea Di BerardinoRe: This footage drive me crazy!!
by on Jun 23, 2013 at 7:15:22 pm

Hi Ted, thanks for the advise. I am going to try with mocha. Just because the woman in the footage is dancing and she move so much, it is better to divide into more masks or just one mask (full body)?

Andrea Di Berardino

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved